Super Bowl 51 is history – and historical – dubbed the most miraculous Super Bowl comeback of all time. Perhaps bigger than the plays on the field February 5 are Captain America’s actions off the turf. Tom Brady is being heralded as the GOAT (my daughter Aspen explained the trending acronym): Greatest Of All Time. I’m calling Brady the Gracious Optimist of All Time.
Tom’s timing couldn’t be better in America – to be the pillar of grace, humility and positivity – showing up and showing us how to be the best human being possible – in a time of incredible divisiveness in our nation – Tom is optimistic, and kind. He has nothing but good things to say. How refreshing that the media can’t spin his positivism negatively?! Today’s so-called “liberal” media is anything but open-minded and accepting – which is BTW the definition of liberal. The news can’t “deflate” TB 12’s champion attitude. Brady doesn’t seize the spotlight to shame, blame or boo anyone, he doesn’t perpetuate the hate, or lambaste the NFL. Tom is gracious – he takes responsibility for his actions, gives tremendous credit to his fellow players, praises and compliments his opponents, even indulges the same media that portrayed him as a cheater not so long ago – with a smile and patience. This Goat doesn’t GLOAT…
Tom Brady embodies and demonstrates daily the #DoYourJob work ethic that made our country great from infancy. Work hard and reap your rewards (5 Super Bowl rings) from the freedom and opportunity we are provided.
I am taking the high road with Tom. Brady works tirelessly to be the best he can be. TB12 is the 1% – the greatest of all time perhaps because he gives 101% effort every day. He’s not like the 99% that protest and complain and blame, the folks that don’t exercise or eat healthy but expect freebies, hand outs, and federal help. If you haven’t read Tom Brady’s recommended book “The Four Agreements” do so. For anyone not motivated enough, didn’t want to say lazy – trying to be positive like TB, here is a summary of Tom’s principles outlined in this book (but you should read it – annually like Captain America does):
The Four Agreements:
Be impeccable in your word
Don’t take things personally
Don’t make assumptions
Always Do your Best
Last but not least is Tom Brady’s diet – his body is his temple and it shows on the field – a fierce competitor turned 40 on August 3, 2017. Tom is determined to play football until 48, saying he’s in his best shape ever! Try Tom Brady’s diet for a month, or a day:
“80 percent of what I eat is vegetables, the freshest vegetables. If it’s not organic, I don’t use it. And whole grains: brown rice, quinoa, millet, beans. The other 20 percent is lean meats: grass-fed organic steak, duck every now and then, and chicken. As for fish, I mostly cook wild salmon,” says Tom Brady. Remember his wife is also a super model.
What TB 12 doesn’t eat: “No white sugar. No white flour. No MSG. I’ll use raw olive oil, but I never cook with olive oil. I only cook with coconut oil. Fats like canola oil turn into trans fats. … I use Himalayan pink salt as the sodium. I never use iodized salt. No coffee. No caffeine. No fungus. No dairy.”
Can we all try to be a little more like TB? What the world needs now is positivism, kindness, acceptance, grace and a good ole fashioned hard work ethic. Let go of the negative – take responsibility, embrace each day and be positive. #DoYourJob and be your best.
Thank you Patriots for the GOAT Super Bowl – Greatest Of All Time.
By Heather Burke, Copyright 2017